Our playgroup is trustee led and complies with the strict constitution laid out by the Charity Commission.
Our Registered Charity Number 1080315
At Sale and Davys Playgroup, we provide a high standard of learning through play in a parent involving, community-based group.
To enable us to achieve this, we have the following objectives:
· For all children to learn through play in a safe, secure, stimulating environment;
· Children shall be welcomed to the group, regardless of their race, gender, any disabilities or their family circumstances
· Children shall be treated as individuals and shall be allowed to develop at their own pace, with lots of encouragement from qualified, patient, enthusiastic staff;
· To build children’s self-confidence and independence through their play, helping them to develop socially, emotionally, intellectually, creatively and physically;
· To give children the best possible preparation for the commencement of their school lives;
· To provide opportunities for the whole family to be directly involved in the activities of the group and in their own child’s progress.
At Sale and Davys Playgroup we are mindful of the need to actively promote British Values as part of the EYFS requirements. As part of this we encourage the following -
• We teach children to be kind, helpful and respectful of others;
• We teach children about the world around them and use the seasons, weather, British special days etc. to plan meaningful learning experiences;
• We encourage children to be part of their local community;
• We celebrate festivals and mark special days from the world around us;
• We also teach the children about compromise – that some of us believe one thing… some of us believe something totally different… but we can all play together in the same house (or group setting) and respect each other = British values – teaching about similarities and differences.
• We teach children to work together – we provide them with projects that involve everyone in the provision and we plan group times, where children learn to listen, take turns and value contributions from others. This type of planning is a very important part of British values = teaching about shared values and working together towards a common goal;
• We teach children about the world in which they live – the world on their doorstep and the wider world – through books, posters, planned activities, resources, outings and much more;
• We teach children to listen and respect others.